In Chinese philosophy, yin and yang are two opposing but complementary forces always present in the universe, thought to be the necessary interdependent opposites from which all things and beings originate. In Chinese, "yin" means the female (dark, cold, and passive), while "yang" means the male (light, hot and active). So, the yin is feminine and represents darkness, coldness, passiveness, and the moon. The yang is masculine and represents light, warmth, activity, and the sun. A zodiac sign is a star constellation that influences a person's behavior or personality. And each zodiac sign has its feminine or masculine influence.
The zodiac signs under feminine energy are usually calm and collected, while the zodiac signs under masculine energy are more extroverted and energetic. These two forces of energy are present in each and every one of us. So whether the predominant energy is feminine or masculine, it doesn't matter. It's no good or bad, but it's how they affect you that matters. Being aware of this can help you find a balance between the two influences.
Feminine energy signs:
- Taurus is practical and grounded. They enjoy being surrounded by the fruits of their labor. They also find pleasure in hedonism, the material world, music, and physical pleasure. Earth sign.
- Cancer is deeply intuitive and sentimental. Prone to deep emotions and sensitivity, they are affectionate and loyal to their relatives and homeland. Cancer's sensitivity is also an asset while they focus on close ties with those who matter most. Water sign.
- Virgos are always paying attention to the smallest details and their deep sense of humanity makes them one of the most careful signs of the zodiac. Their methodical approach to life ensures that nothing is left to chance, and although they are often tender. Earth sign.
- Scorpios are passionate and assertive people. Scorpio is a Water sign and lives to experience and express emotions. Although emotions are very important for Scorpio, they manifest them differently than other water signs.
- Capricorn is a sign that represents time and responsibility, and its representatives are traditional and often very serious by nature. These individuals possess an inner state of independence that enables significant progress both in their personal and professional lives. Earth sign.
- Pisces are very friendly and develop close relationships with other people. They're selfless and always willing to help others without expecting anything in return. Pisces is a Water sign and this zodiac sign is characterized by empathy and expressed emotional capacity.
More about the zodiac signs elements:
Earth element signs are grounded and pragmatic, while Water signs are more sensitive and intuitive.
Masculine energy signs:
- The presence of Aries always marks the beginning of something energetic and turbulent. They are continuously looking for a dynamic of speed and competition. Fire sign.
- Expressive and quick-witted. Gemini is sociable, communicative, and ready for fun, with a tendency to suddenly get serious, thoughtful, and restless. Air sign.
- Leo's are natural-born leaders. They are dramatic, creative, self-confident, dominant, and extremely difficult to resist, they can achieve anything they want to in any area of life they commit to. There is a specific strength to a Leo and their "king of the jungle" status. Leo often has many friends because they are generous and loyal. Fire sign.
- People born under the sign of Libra are peaceful and fair, and they hate being alone. A partnership is very important for them. These individuals are fascinated by balance and symmetry, they are in a constant chase for justice and equality, realizing through life that the only thing that should be truly important to themselves is their inner core of personality. It's an Air sign.
- Curious and energetic, Sagittarius is one of the biggest travelers among all zodiac signs. Their open mind and philosophical view motivate them to wander around the world in search of the meaning of life. Sagittarius is extroverted, optimistic, enthusiastic, and likes changes. Fire sign.
- Aquarius people are shy and quiet, but on the other hand, they can be eccentric and energetic. However, in both cases, they are deep thinkers and highly intellectual people who love helping others. Air sign.
More about the zodiac signs elements:
Fire element signs are inspiring and enthusiastic, while Air signs are more intellectual and communicative.
Remember that there are no good or bad attributes, the goal is to maintain balance, and knowing your strengths and weaknesses will help you recognize when you are balanced or not. No matter what, be mindful and embrace who you are.