Tried and Tested Ideas to Boost Your Happiness
Self-love rituals are a set of practices that you can do to feel nourished and more connected with yourself. Most of these practices work better when done daily but they can also be practiced weekly, for instance. Doing self-love rituals is a great way to start the day feeling better. It can help you build a strong foundation and good mood for your day and set you up for success and well-being. The following are some of the self-love rituals that you can do to get started or add to do your own self-love rituals:
- Meditate for 10 minutes before starting your day. This will help you clear your mind and prepare for what's ahead. This activity can help you start the day feeling grounded and concentrated instead of distracted by sticky thoughts or social media.
- Write down 3 things that you are grateful for every morning before starting your day. This will help you focus on what's good in life and turn off or down any negative thoughts that might make their way into your head. It's not always easy to be grateful for the things we have but think of how far you have come and give yourself the kudos you deserve. Gratitude is a powerful emotion that has many benefits. It can increase your happiness, decrease stress and improve relationships. If you need some guidance to get started take a look at the My gratitude & mindfulness Journal.
- Use affirmations to remind yourself of all the qualities that make you who you are or who you wish to become - like being kind, courageous, assertive, or strong. It can be anything!
- Mindful cooking & Eating healthy. Taking at least one day per week to prepare your own meal with the care and attention you deserve should be the goal. This is a wonderful opportunity to include healthy foods you like or experiment with new ingredients. Also, it is not always easy or possible but taking a few moments to stop and appreciate your food can make a difference. Some people are more mindful than others, but it's never too late to change your patterns. Here are some ways to start practicing mindful eating:
- Slow down before you eat.
- Take note of what you're eating and how it tastes and smells.
- Turn off all distractions.
- Workout is another self-love ritual that can have a huge impact on one's life. Some days it's harder but think of how good it feels afterward!
- Pamper yourself and give yourself a treat, it can be as simple as a movie night, a walk in the park, a warm bath, or that ice cream that you have been craving.
- You can also practice social media mindfulness by being mindful of when and how long you spend on these apps. For instance, you can define certain times of the day to be free of social media, like checking your phone only after breakfast instead of checking it right after waking up.