The Best Crystals For Anxiety
Anxiety can be a passenger but can also be debilitating when persistent. It's ok to feel anxious from time to time but not constantly and that's why this should be addressed. You can use crystals and affirmations to help you cope with anxiety however for severe cases I advise professional help too. Persistent anxiety leads to demotivation and tiredness, affects sleep, relationships, and overall happiness.
Most of the anxiety that we experience comes from our minds, that's right we literally build our own anxiety by overthinking and by having catastrophizing thoughts, thinking of the worst scenarios possible, and playing them in the loop on our heads. Sure, you can predict or imagine different outcomes for a situation, it can be handy when planning and help us to be prepared but when it becomes overwhelming it can be paralyzing and it's exhausting! We feel trapped and in real danger even if it's not a life-threatening situation.
The best things you can do are to be aware of your thoughts with kindness and without judgment, pay attention to your internal dialog, and don't feed unhelpful thoughts. Practice meditation, the results are amazing when you stick to it! And have some key crystals near you, that you can hold in your hand, carry on your pocket or purse, place on your work desk, or wear a piece of crystal jewelry.
Some of the crystals that you can use for dealing with anxiety:
- Amethyst - To deal with stress and anxiety. This is a very powerful and very protective stone. The stone guards against physical attack changing the energy into love. Amethyst is also a natural tranquilizer.
- Aquamarine - To calm the mind and soothe anxiety. The stone of courage. Its calming energies reduce stress and quiet the mind. Aquamarine also sharpens your intellect, clears the mind, promotes self-exploration, and soothes fears.
- Rose quartz - For emotional healing and peace, excellent for use in trauma or crisis. Rose quartz removes negative energy and replaces it with love.
- Labradorite - To reduce negativity, an excellent companion through change, imparting strength and perseverance. The stone banishes fears and insecurities and the psychic debris from past disappointments. Labradorite calms an overactive mind and energizes the imagination, bringing up new ideas.
Combining the crystals with meditation is a fabulous way to go. Benefit from the crystal and meditation energies that provide anxiety relief, the best way to be effective is to do it daily. If you feel resistant to meditation, start with just 10 to 15 minutes a day. Begin by sitting in a comfortable position and tune in, you can hold your crystal or place it in front of you. Take 3 deep breaths and then breathe naturally. You can continue to pay attention to your breathing or use an affirmation instead, they will function as an anchor for when your mind starts to wander. Some examples of affirmations for anxiety:
- I release anxiety with every breath
- I am peace
- I choose how to react to situations
- I am grateful
- I inhale calm and exhale stress
Take care and trust the process, persistence and maintenance are essential. And remember the idea is not to eliminate feelings but to realize and understand our emotions and to cope with them in the best way possible.