June 01, 2021
9 Tips To Be Successful
Anyone can thrive in life with hard work but to be truly successful in any area of your life you need not only to work hard but also consistency, motivation, structure, and good habits to excel. You can apply these 9 steps to achieve goals in any area of your life.
- Wake up at the same time every day - This is one of the things that we can control in life and can have a great impact, nevertheless, this can be a struggle for many. When setting your alarm clock just think of how you can benefit from waking up at the same time, you will feel better and energized over time, and you can set your day with a head start so you can have the time in the morning to do some work on yourself, meditation, exercise, journaling, and nourishment. Otherwise, you may end up not having this precious time for you as the day passes and time falls through your thingers.
- Drink more water - Simple but effective, keeping hydrated assists the body and mind, invest in a reusable bottle, and make sure you get hydrated throughout the day no matter where you are. You can find some amazing crystal water bottles here, and benefit from the energy of the crystals too. Keeping hydrated has a significant impact on our performance in every aspect.
- Keep a gratitude journal - Being grateful will keep you motivated and it's a great reminder of your accomplishments and good fortune in life. If you are unsure of what to be grateful for, start with the most basic things. Soon you will find that you have a lot to put on your list!
- Set goals - This is a must. If you don't know where you are heading at how would you get there? Write down your goals and visualize you being successful and how you got there, really feel it as you made it. This will boost your confidence.
- Plan ahead - Know you have your list of goals and are motivated, lay down your plan for each goal, break the intention into small tasks and set a deadline for them. But remember, be realistic, some goals may take more time than others. Come back to the plan once in a while, to analyze and see if it needs any adjustment, unpredictable situations happen and you might need to adapt.
- Exercise - Exercising will keep your energy levels up, it's also a great stress reliever and anti-depressive. And there is no excuse for this one, you can do it at home, nature or the gym and the activities are plenty, hiking, running, cycling, yoga, swimming, just pick the one that makes more sense to you and commit to it. If you choose to exercise in nature you will also harness its calming benefits.
- Read - Discover other points of view, learn, travel, and experiment with a diverse range of emotions all through reading. This activity will expand your horizons, give you perspective and it's very relaxing because it allows you to be in the moment. You can buy the most meaningful books for yourself, and borrow or go to the library for other books. E-books are great but the experience of reading a real book in paper is more immersive and you can also underline and take notes (when it's yours of course).
- Collect your ideas all in one place - Having a place to gather your ideas is an amazing thing, everybody has experienced the feeling of not being able to remember an idea, no matter how good it was. The key here is really to write down your ideas and store them all in one place, it can be your notebook or a box. For the notebook just write down the ideas and draw them too, if it's a digital notebook you can attach related images instead. I also have an ideas box made of paperboard where I put all the annotations of random ideas that I might want to revisit.
- Reserve some “me” time! - Doing the things we love is the most uplifting thing one can do, so include these activities on your schedule and plan for them too, look at them as a reward for your daily or weekly successes. When you do that remember to leave the worries behind, enjoy life, and get inspired! This is your special moment.
The bottom line is that to be successful we need resilience, motivation, and intention but we also need to take care of the body and mind to be able to keep up. It’s a long road but it’s also greatly rewarding.