Nowadays, life is very demanding, deadlines, meetings, tasks over tasks, and the week flies by at an astonishing pace. Undermining the physical and mental health in order to meet your daily expectations. There is nothing wrong with having aspirations and goals. However, it can leave you feeling drained, as it is not sustainable in the long run.
Therefore the practice of self-care is as important as crossing off your tasks from the to-do list. Even though creating time for self-care can be a challenge, it is definitely an important one. And when is the best time to allocate some time other than at the weekend? You deserve a little break from the daily grind that will recharge and refresh your mind and body.
Here are some self-care ideas, no need to do them all. Start by doing the ones that seem more suitable and pleasant to you to establish a routine and then grow from there, other self-care ideas will follow. With time you will realize that you can indeed make time for yourself without the sky falling!
- Being grateful will take you a long way. Take some time to think of three things for each you are thankful for as a reminder that even the smallest things that we take for granted can have an enormous impact on our lives. Being alive and breathing, having our basic needs fulfilled, the support of family and friends, the list goes on! This will lift up your spirit. huge
- Journaling can take you a long way to get in touch with your higher self and intuition. It will make you more conscious and it also allows you to set those sticky thoughts and worries free and structure ideas and realizations.
- Read! Set a goal to read at least a chapter of a book. Reading can take you to many places letting your mind rest and stimulates creativity. Choose books that are inspiring and spark a natural interest in you and enjoy your well-deserved break.
- Listen to your favourite song and enjoy the moment. The power of music is simply extraordinary! And can improve your mood and motivation in just 5 minutes!
- Meditate and just breathe! Practice mindfulness and learn how to be here right now. There are many ways to practice mindfulness, a simple way is to sit straight and focus on your breath. Notice how it feels as you breathe in and out, allow thoughts to come and go without being caught on them and without judgments.
- Stretch your body and take a walk outside. Indulge yourself with a walk in the park and relish the moment. Or take a walk in your favourite part of the city. Tune in your senses while you do this. What do you hear, smell or feel?
- Treat yourself and take your time to cook healthy meals. Not sure where to start? Get inspired by Pinterest recipe boards, explore a little bit and discover beautiful and nourishing meals.
- Get crafty and start a hobby. Maybe you always dreamt of painting, growing a garden, learning origami, yoga, or start dancing lessons. Well, now is the time to do it!
- Create a home spa experience tailored just for you and nourish yourself!
Turn on the music, light a sent candle and pamper yourself with a nice bathtub and relax. Put moisturizing while doing an auto-massage, you can also introduce a Facial Roller into your routine, which encourages micro-circulation while delivering a lifting effect. The massaging roller can be used alone or with serums and moisturizers to aid absorption. With continued use, it can help to improve elasticity and alleviate signs of puffiness.
Are you ready to start? Create your self-care routine and hold to it with an open and kind heart. Embrace these sacred rituals, even if just for a moment.