This blog post is about how to create your goals and choose goals aligned with your values and based on how you want to feel more frequently and live. We will go through some questions that will help you align your goals with your values. These questions will assist you to create a list of goals that are both achievable and aligned with your values.
The first step is to make a list of all the things you would like to achieve in life. This list can include anything from lifestyle, family, what kind of house or city you want to live in, or what career path you would like to take. It might be helpful for this exercise if you have already defined your values. Make sure that you have enough time to work on them and that they are not too big or too small. Once you have the list, take some time to think about your mindset. What type of person are you? What do you want to achieve? Are those goals really aligned with you or are they influenced by the outside world? These types of questions will help you set the right goals for yourself.
After having a list of goals ask yourself the 7 questions below to help you define and narrow them:
- What are your top 3 career goals?
- What are your top 3 personal goals?
- What are your top 3 financial goals?
- What are the biggest obstacles that could prevent you from achieving these goals?
- How can you overcome these obstacles?
- How will achieving these goals affect you and other people in your life?
- What is the first step that needs to be taken for each goal?
The following questions will help you analyze if your goals are aligned with your values and strengths. By aligning your goals with your values you have a better chance of having your dream life and of keeping motivated:
- What are my strengths?
- What are my weaknesses?
- What am I most passionate about?
- Where do I want to be in the next 5 years?
- Will my goals take me there?
- How do I want to feel each day when I wake up and go to work? 8. What does success look like for me?
- How much time and money am I willing to invest in this goal, and what would be considered a win for me?
- Am I willing to take risks and make sacrifices to achieve this goal? Is it worthy?
And finally, keep a Tiger Eye stone nearby when preparing your goals. The stone brings out integrity and helps in accomplishing goals all while promoting clarity of intention.