Nowadays we keep hearing about Emotional intelligence, also known as EQ, which consists of the ability to recognize and cope with feelings and it has been accepted as an important topic that can influence our lives on every level, from personal to work.
There are many ways to improve your EQ like being able to identify and name the emotions properly, this may seem obvious but many of us struggle to identify emotions especially when they are uncomfortable because we just want those feelings to go away. But if you identify and process them you will have more chances to understand what triggered the emotion and how to solve or address that, you can't fix what you do not understand, right? And if you try not to feel and choose to ignore those emotions they will eventually pop back. Being mindful of what triggers your emotions is essential. Is it due to past trauma, external or internal causes? Journaling is an amazing tool to process emotions and possible causes because it requires structured thinking and reflection, and the best part, there is no wrong way to do it!
Paying attention to your internal speech is also extremely helpful because thinking negatively often will only strengthen those thoughts and feelings and perpetuate this cycle. This is empiric, what you think and manifest the most is what you will get, so how to break this cycle? You need to be aware of your thoughts and recognize them as just that, thoughts. And it's here that you can use crystals and meditation to assist your journey. This crystal set is packed with energies that will help you to achieve clear insight and promote positive and pragmatic thought. This set includes 5 pentacle crystals point and it is extremely powerful:
- Amethyst is a natural tranquilizer, blocking geopathic stress and negative environmental energies. The stone also can assist in overcoming addictions and blockages of all kinds. Amethyst is excellent for the mind and greatly aids in the decision-making process. While also balancing out the highs and lows allowing you to reach a true balance.
- Labradorite is a highly mystical and protective stone and bringer of light. The gem deflects unwanted energies from the aura and is excellent at preventing energy leakage. The stone banishes fears and insecurities and the psychic debris from past disappointments. Labradorite calms an overactive mind and energizes the imagination, bringing up new ideas. The gem is an excellent companion through change, imparting strength and perseverance.
- Lapis Lazuli helps open the third eye and balances the throat chakra. The stone helps stimulate enlightenment and greatly assists your spiritual journey. This stone can quickly release stress bringing deep peace. The stone is excellent at harmonizing the physical, emotional, mental, and spiritual levels. Lapis Lazuli encourages you to take charge of your life and reveals inner truth and self-awareness.
- Clear Quartz helps clarify situations and opens intuition to gain insight. This crystal purifies energy and has a positive effect if hope is lost, and it removes stagnant energy. It also opens higher awareness and psychic abilities and is great for meditation.
- Smoky Quartz is one of the most efficient grounding stones. This stone is an exceptionally protective stone and has a strong connection with the earth. The stone also relieves fear and helps life depression. Smoky Quartz helps promote positive and pragmatic thought and can be used to give clear insight.
These 5 crystals have wonderful energies that can help you tame sticky thoughts and deal with feelings. They are great to have around, strategically positioned around the house, workspace, or at your meditation spot. You can also choose to work with just one of these crystals if you feel especially drawn to it.
Now, for your meditation practice, set a special place with your crystals nearby, you can place them in front of you. I strongly recommend daily practice, if you are a beginner to meditation you can use an app to guide you through your journey, there are plenty of options, like Headspace, Calm, or MyLife just to name a few. This will help you understand and distinguish between your thoughts and reality, and also realizing when your thoughts are running wild and taking over your feelings.
The bottom line is that we need to take action to improve emotional intelligence and health. It takes effort, time, and some discomfort, especially at the beginning of the process so stay strong!