What is Homefulness and how to do it
Homefulness is a decoration style or approach that focuses on mindfulness and having a mindful home. The idea of giving more attention to the present moment and enjoying small moments is something that has been widespread all over the world. Mindfulness is closely linked to Buddhist meditation - in a nutshell, try to live each present moment consciously and without any self-judgment. Mindfulness has been found to be an effective way to manage stress and anxiety. It can also help with pain management, as well as improve sleep quality and cognitive function. For those who are unfamiliar with mindfulness, it is very difficult to explain what it is or what it entails. And with the rise in introversion and urban lifestyles, it makes sense that we want to make our home feel like a safe haven. Homefulness helps people to become more mindful of their surroundings and create them more consciously. The term homefulness is defined as contemporary mindfulness applied to interior design.
How to Create a Mindful Home
Homefulness can be defined as the feeling of being at peace with yourself, with your surroundings, and with the people around you. It is a state of mind that we can all achieve through mindful living.
In order to create a mindful home, we need to take time to enjoy our surroundings, appreciate what we have, and make conscious decisions that will allow us to live in this state of mind more frequently. There are many ways to do this, but here are five ideas to get you started.
1) A few minutes of tidying up on a daily basis can make a big difference to the way you feel at home. It will make your house feel more welcoming to guests. And it will also help you to have a more relaxed time at home.
It is very easy to get into the habit of leaving things out of place, especially when you are tired from work or on your way out for the evening. But there are many benefits that come from tidying up as soon as possible, you avoid things building up in the spaces and turning into a pile of random stuff.
2) Simplification is a design trend that is becoming popular, it can be seen in the way that items are designed to be less cluttered and easier to clean. It also creates a feeling of relaxation and harmony. You can also opt for a minimalist approach and ditch what you don't need or don't like.
3) Nature is a source of calmness and well-being. Bringing nature inside can help people to relax and escape from the hustle and bustle of the city. Some people prefer plants, while others prefer wood or natural colors. In any case, it's important to have something that brings nature inside your home. Plants can help purify the air and create a calm environment for you and those around you.
4) The idea of practicing silence and mindfulness can be scary for some. It may seem impossible to do at the workplace or in public. But we should not let that stop us from trying, why not create a space for that purpose at home?
5) Place some crystals throughout your home that represent different things such as peace, love, harmony, happiness, protection, etc.